The Rotary Club of Accra-Labone solely funded the renovation of the children’s ward at Nsawam Government Hospital at a cost of GHS27, 451. The project included included the following:
- Repairs to the ward’s washroom
- Fitting of new tiling , toilet seats and shower.
- Three new hand-washing stations in washroom area, nurses’ resting room and main ward
- Replacement of broken glass louvers, ceiling fans, curtain rods and curtains
- Providing air conditioner in nurses’ resting room.
- Painting works on the ward’s exteriors and
- Providing new mosquito nets for the ward.
Vice President of Rotary Club of Accra-Labone Mr. Carlis Arko described the renovation project as part of activities the club undertook to mark its 20th anniversary. Mr. Arko hoped the ward would help improve the healthcare of children in the community and affirmed the club’s commitment to supporting the Nsawam Government Hospital.
“It is with great pride that I commend you [Rotary Club of Accra-Labone] for being a part of the world’s solution and not [its] problems…Maintaining quality healthcare, requires a serene and beautiful environment, hence the refurbishing of the ward was in the right direction.”Ms. Rosephilo Adomah | Deputy Director of Nursing Services, Nsawam Government Hospital
Deputy Director of Nursing Services of Nsawam Government hospital, Ms. Rosephilo Adomah commended Rotary Club of Accra-Labone for the support. Ms. Adomah underlined the importance of a serene environment in providing quality healthcare.