THE AISTIPHI GIANT FUTURES
Basic & Junior High Schools
The Aistiphi Giant Futures is a special program for first-cycle schools (K-JHS 3) that challenges students to give back to society through service to their communities. The program is built on the understanding that community service and giving back are critical ingredients of a solid educational foundation, character formation and leadership development in the early to middle years.
Each school year, the program challenges participating basic and junior high schools to undertake at least one community service project and report each completed project to AISTIPHI in real time for publication in the Aistiphi Gazette. Members earn lifetime Giant Futures Credit Points for each reported initiative. Eligible projects must support positive social causes or help address social and environmental problems. Completed projects can be reported using the form provided here.
WHAT IS A COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECT?
The Aistiphi Giant Futures program views ‘community service’ as any age-appropriate, student-centered initiative through which children and teens are able to give back to society. The goal is to provide experiential opportunities for children to develop the values of empathy, kindness, solidarity, cultural sensitivity, social responsibility and servant leadership while building skills in team work and problem-solving. Recent initiatives reported by schools includes support for vulnerable children in orphanages, hospitals, schools in underserved areas, clean-up and sanitation campaigns and support for war veterans, etc. We encourage all members to be creative and pursue reasonable projects that provide rich experiences for students without creating excess burdens for students, parents and schools. The goal is to impact others and help students learn.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO JOIN?
Membership is ‘whole-school-based.’ This means, only a school, as a corporate entity, can register to participate in the Aistiphi Giant Futures program. However, a school’s membership confers rights to all subunits of the school, e.g., student houses/sections, classes/forms, clubs and societies, and graduating year groups, etc. For example, if School A is a registered member, student clubs/societies, student houses and other student groups of School A obtain derivative membership. School A can report to AISTIPHI and earn credit points for community service initiatives completed by these subunits in given school year. This is in addition to any other activities accomplished by the school community as a whole.
WHO CAN REGISTER A SCHOOL?
- Without exception, only authorized officers of a school’s management or teaching staff are allowed to register a school.
- Students are not allowed to register a member account for their schools.
- Staff of a school who have not been duly authorized by the school to create an account are not allowed to register an account for the school.
STEPS TO REGISTER
- Your School nominates a duly authorized individual to serve as its Aistiphi Community Liaison (ACL). Your ACL is the go-to person for AISTIPHI, and the recognized officer in charge of registering and managing your membership account.
- Your ACLs begins initial registration process online using this link.
- AISTIPHI contacts your ACL and obtains additional information to verify and ensure the integrity of the account.
- Once our verification is complete, you will be required to pay a nominal annual subscription of $1.
AFTER YOU BECOME A MEMBER
- You will receive your certificate of Membership Commencement.
- You can start earning your lifetime Giant Futures Credit Points for completed community service initiatives that you report in real time to AISTIPHI.
- Your submitted initiatives will be published in the Aistiphi Gazette, our national magazine for Philanthropy and Development Engagement. We preserve your Gazette entries officially as permanent, searchable, historical records. In the years to come, your school and its stakeholders can search the Gazette and discover great community service milestones your school achieved over the years. Your current students (and their future children/family) will also be able to access records of what they accomplished during their early to middle years at school.
- You will join a community of elite schools whose students who are actively giving back to help make Ghana a better place.
- We feature your member profile online in the Aistiphi Directory of Community Service. Your unique official profile page will hold a running record of all your community service initiatives your school accomplishes over time.
- You become a proud member of Our Commonwealth of Goodwill that includes businesses, international partners, alumni, NGOs, professionals, citizens abroad, celebrities, religious bodies, etc. – all of whom are contributing to our collective prosperity and ensuring that no one is left behind.
- You are eligible to participate in programs and services and events of Aistiphi including our jamboree, philanthropy report, annual awards, media programs and several others.